St. James' CEC School
Welcome to St James’ CEC Primary School which is situated in the beautiful town of Emsworth. We are proud and privileged to work as a community of learners, at the vital task of providing a Christian-based education of the highest quality, to the children entrusted to us.
We are a warm and friendly, purposeful school with a strong community ethos. Our mission statement is Loving Learning, Loving life, Loving God’s World and all the work we do is underpinned by our Christian values of Respect, Friendship and Excellence.
I hope that the website will give you a flavour of our school, but please do come and see the smiling faces of our staff and children and enjoy us in action.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school family.
Head teacher - Jill Pearce-Haydon
- This is a harmonious place, where pupils are kind and considerate to one another. There are warm, respectful, and inclusive attitudes between everyone.
- Behaviour is exemplary. All staff consistently apply the school rules and follow the ‘relentless routines’. This helps pupils feel safe. Pupils know that the adults care about them.
- Parents and carers are overwhelmingly positive about the school. One parent, typical of many, said, ‘this school is a gem.’
- The school’s core Christian values are fully embedded and are reflected in the very positive behaviour and relationships within and beyond the school, illustrated clearly by a strong sense of belonging at St James. SIAMS 2018
- St. James' ensures that it has an inclusive and welcoming approach for all. As one pupil stated, ‘This place is special because it makes me feel like I belong’. SIAMS 2018
'Staff have gone out of their way to support not just my son but us as a whole family…the staff go above and beyond.’ SIAMS 2018