PE and Sports Premium
St James’ CEC Primary School uses the PE and Sports premium to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport which includes encouraging the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
The Government in England has provided additional funding of over £150 million per annum since 2013/14 to improve PE and school sport in primary schools and make further improvements to the quality and breadth of the PE and sport they offer.
The funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on PE and school sport provision in schools.
All pupils leaving our primary school will be physically literate and have the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Key Aims for Sport Premium Funding at St James’ Primary School:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
- improved resources/equipment in school to teach PE
- developing links and providing information to pupils and parents to signpost for further sporting opportunities